Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Wild Hunt Comment and Other Things I Wish I Had Said

I have started to comment on The Wild Hunt.  Why would I do such a thing, you might ask?  And I would have to say that was a fair question.  The reason is that it irritates me the majority of time.  However, that said, when I respond "in the heat of the moment," I always seem to forget to say/write further commentary in explanation.  So, without further ado, this is my original comment to the article on "Leadership."


Time, education, and respect are what make a leader of a particular group. I have no idea who the well-thought people are in Wicca, CR, Asatru, Religio Romana, etc. because I am not a member of any of those groups. I am aware of the people in my community of Hellenic Recons, both solitary and in groups. People who walk the walk and do not just talk out the side of their mouths, these are the people I respect. Personally, I do not think that a very young person has the "chops" yet to be even considered a "leader." Why can I say this? Have you EVER put your LIFE on the line for something bigger than yourself? I am a USAF veteran with one year in South Korea, which is still AT WAR with North Korea. We almost did re-start it in 1976. Have you really educated yourself? The US educational system is pitiful. The amount of ignorance is horrendous and in generic paganism ....(I can't speak the words). Can you speak at least one language other than your birth language? Yes, I do freely admit to being an intellectual. However, that is so much better than being a fool being taken for a ride from these so-called BNPs. Only then can you even hope to come up to snuff 

There were a few druthers I needed to include in this.  The first, most importantly, being the fact that there are natural A** H***s out there who manage to rise to their levels of incompetence (The Peter Principle).  This is valuable reading for everybody.  I know that I am not a leader.  I am the idea-person, standing behind the throne.  Gnothi Sueaton -- Know Thyself.
In addition, the military is just one way of standing up and doing something totally unselfishly for others, even if it could mean that your very life could be on the line.  Doctors Without Borders, the Peace Corps, etc. are organizations which I would recommend. 
Finally, self-educate yourself away from Political Correctness and quarter-truths.  Really look at maps of the world to see where we all are.  I cannot abide self-wallowing ignorance.  Stop it!
That is all.

No comments: