Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Politics of Hate

I consider myself to be a Progressive in the spirit of Theodore Roosevelt. Even back when I voted mostly Republican, this was my political philosophy. By 1980 I generally ceased voting for mainly Republican candidates. The GOP's philosophy and raison d'etre had changed to a direction which I felt to be inimical to the nation and its people. The pre-election period this year has attained depths that even I could never imagine, even with the examples provided by Rove and the rest of his ilk. I believe that there are both federal and state laws which have made excitement to violence an offense. I feel so strongly about this that I am going to call the FBI and request that all people at McCain or Palin events who threaten the life of Barack Obama be arrested. I also believe that these two candidates should also speak out strongly against any violence done for them. If they don't, I believe that they should also be arrested for aiding and abetting wing-nuts who even now may be plotting the assassination of Obama. (I would also feel this way if it was the direct opposite.) These things need to stop NOW.

No comments: